Sunday, February 22, 2015

Melincourt or: How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Rain

22nd February 2015

A big thanks go out tonight to Robert Hall for leading us on an extremely varied walk around Melincourt today. What should have been a fairly moderate that allowed us to ultimately take in views over the Neath Valley unfortunately turned in to a rain and snow soaked trudge. I don't know about anyone else but I for one spent most of the walk with my head fighting against the blistering rain or otherwise thinking about the trip to the pub otherwise. I think this might be an opportune moment to remind everyone to make sure they bring the correct gear on such walks, and to remind myself to make sure that I wear my gear properly. A walk can rapidly turn in to a bit of a disaster if these precautions aren't taken.

The shell-shocked take in a brief lunch 

On a more positive note those of us who could bear it gritted our teeth and dragged our rain-soaked bodies to the Green Dragon in Seven Sisters afterwards, where we received a friendly welcome from the locals. Initially anyway! I'm not sure how they felt about us once we'd crowded around their fire and started soaking up every inch of warmth it offered. 

Anyway, next week the Tawe Trekkers will be visiting Tregaron. This walk will be led by Tregaron walking club and will be on the Saturday as opposed to the usual Sunday. I believe some people plan to stay in Tregaron that night and to go on another walk on the Sunday morning. I believe there are plenty of B&B's around so feel free to arrange this for yourself if you would like to do this. We will be leaving the Civic Centre at 7:45am sharp so please be there with plenty of time.

Diolch! Dylan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home