Monday, February 09, 2015

Hi all,

So it's been a few weeks since we last had a newsletter I know. I've personally been taking a break from walking over this period in order to recover from illness and just to concentrate on other things. I think we'll have to have a chat about how we ensure this keeps getting done regularly in the future. That's a different matter though.

Over the last few weeks we've had some excellent walks I'm told. Firstly Dave led a very popular walk up Fan Hir, then Mark Craske led his first walk around Pontardawe and this week Wayne and Kyle led an excellent walk in Cefn-Bryn and Oxwich. I'm advised that these were all very successful walks and I have added a few pictures below just for a taste of what you can see on our Facebook page.


Cefn-Bryn and Oxwich

Pontardawe

This week I will be leading the walk. It has gone through a few changes in the recceing process so please read below for the final details. Please ensure you bring lunch, good walking boots and gaiters. I understand Andrew will be updating the programme asap for me again. Also please can you just give me a text to let me know if you're coming. 

Title: Clyne Valley, Killay and Hendrefoilan
Distance: 12 miles Grade: Moderate
Meet Point: 9:30am Civic Centre
Start Point: 9:45pm The Woodman Arms
We will be taking in two valleys today along unappreciated walking routes at the heart of Swansea. There will be opportunities after the walk for drinks and food at the Woodman but given the distance of the walk I would advise that you bring lunch. I will not be booking a table as a think that by the time we get there it will be a bit quieter. Come prepared for some slightly difficult routes near the start (we will need to cross a stream on a collapsed tree for example) and obviously bring good walking boots and gaiters. Stand-out views will include Swansea Bay from Clyne and sights of North Gower, Mumbles and Swansea Bay from above Hendrefoilan.

See you there.

Dylan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home