Saturday, January 03, 2015

UPCOMING TRIP NOTICE
 
THIS TRIP IS FOR TAWE TREKKER MEMBERS ONLY
 
This year we will be visiting the Pembrokeshire coastal town of Tenby for our annual New Years Trip. Tenby has developed a bit of a reputation over recent years as being party central on New Years Eve and as evidence of this I offer the following YouTube clips:
 
 
 
Please note the amount of fancy dress going on in the first video above. Many of us who spoke about Tenby whilst in Milford Haven recently like the idea of dressing as Austrian walkers. Please note that agreement to this may very well be a criteria for acceptance on this trip :-D
 
Unfortunately the nearest bunkhouse is in Manorbier, which is 6 miles away. This is a bit too much during this time of the year I think and as result I have taken option B. I have managed to secure 2 top quality Holiday Cottages in the heart of Tenby, just 5 minutes walk from each other and a 10 minute walk max from Tudor Court (see videos above). I have booked these cottages for a total of 4 nights from Tuesday the 29/12/2014 to Saturday the 02/01/2016 for a total amount of 14 people. The charge will be £150 for the whole trip (£37.50 ppn) and I will be looking for a minimum deposit of £75, but would prefer the entire amount if you can afford it. I will need the final payment by the end of October at the very latest. Given the amount of money at stake for the TT's here I will not be able to provide your deposit back if you have not cancelled with me by the 01/12/2015. This is because at such short notice I might struggle to find a replacement. Both cottages allow two dogs each and they are not allowed on the furniture. There is actually also a sauna in one of the properties which I hope might be useful after some of the strenuous walks and drinking sessions we embark on.

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/tenby/1794132

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/tenby/372793

This trip will be open to fully paid Tawe Trekker members only initially and will be opened up to other Ramblers group members after the end of October. By this time everyone should have paid their final deposits and secured the property. If at anytime you decide to book yourself into Tenby separately but would like to join us during this trip you are of course welcome to do so. Obviously you will need to let me know of this decision. I will not be booking any extra cottages than what I have and this is a first come first served scenario. Obviously if you wish to book an extra cottage for you and a few others who have missed the first opportunity (or a B&B) I am happy to give you my contacts details in order to help you.

Diolch.

Dylan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home