Friday, December 05, 2014

Further updates
 
 
Helo pawb,
 
I have no doubt that you will all start getting tired of these newsletters soon so I will try to get everything in here so I don't have to send another one before the New Year.
 
Xmas Extravaganza
 
As you are all aware we are going to Tapestri this year to celebrate together for a nice meal and then maybe a few drinks in town afterwards for those who can move after all the munchies. There are now limited spots left and I am planning to pay the final deposits on Monday the 08/12/2014. Please note that if you have not paid your deposit and made your meal selections by Monday then you will not be able to come. I will not be taking any further bookings after this date. If you would like to join us please contact me as soon as possible on 07540 746360. First come first served!
 
New Year in Milford Haven
 
There is now just 1 female place left for this trip. If you would like to join us you will need to provide the full payment of £48 as soon as possible. Please contact me on 07540 746360. First come blah blah blah.
 
I travelled down to the bunkhouse today for a brief recce. I am extremely pleased with the quality of the bunkhouse and the friendliness of the owners, Mandy and Shaun. For those with dogs please remember that they are not allowed in the bunkhouse. If you would like to take advantage of a local dog-sitting service then contact Kathleen from 'Happy Paws'. She is fully licensed to provide a dog-sitting service by Pembrokeshire County Borough Council and is located less than a 10 minute walk from the bunkhouse. Details are as follows.
Tel: 07779 974145
 
Price: £10 a night. Bring your own dog-baskets and food.
 
The bunkhouse is on a small working farm so you will not be able to sneak the dogs in behind Mandy and Shaun's backs. Please be aware that I have made this very clear and I will not be lenient on the issue. Mandy and Shaun have been incredibly accommodating today, giving me an independent hostel guide for future trips and giving me advice on local pubs and walks. I have no desire to let them down by breaking my promise to them on this issue.
 
There is a local pub/B&B down the road that some people have also booked in. I believe that they still have places. If you would like to join us but there are no further spaces at the bunkhouse then you can contact The Taberna Inn on 01646 693498. It is a Camra pub located less than half a mile from the bunkhouse. I suspect that we will be spending the odd night there. Can I ask that those people who choose this option take their own transport please. If you are going to take this option or already have done so please can you advise me on 07540 746360.
 
The bunkhouse is located on the main road and can be easily missed. I would recommend that you use sat-nav if you have it. Shaun has advised that Tom-Toms work well, but you should be careful if using a Garmin device. Apparently they like to lead the user into the sea. We are located with easy footpath access leading directly to Milford Haven or to the Wales Coastal path and there are local stores (including Tesco) just a 5 minute drive away.
 
I also took a drive down to the Marina and there are 2 pub/restaurants there. There are also at least 2 other pubs in walking distance from there that we might want to try out. I'm sure we'll recce a few pubs on the first day. With regards to NY day there does not seem to be much interest in the Saundersfoot swim. I have also found a short 5-mile walk that starts and finishes in the pub at Dale so that might be an option for our recovery day. The puffin bus goes straight past the bunkhouse and I'm told that we can simply flag it down from the gate. 
 
Anyway I think that's enough for now.
 
I hope to see you all soon, either on a walk or at the Xmas meal.
 
Diolch! Dylan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home