Saturday, June 18, 2011


Tawe Trekkers Newsletter - 2oth June 2011

_______________________________

Black Mountain Circular Route - Sun 26th June

Paul H leads us on a lesser-trodden route in the Black Mountain which takes us over the peaks of Carreg-yr-Ogof and Carn Pica, then back via Foel Fraith and Foel Fawr.

Difficulty: Moderate-to-Strenuous
Distance: 9 Miles
Meeting: 0930 at County Hall Carpark or at the walk start point (viewpoint/carpark 4 miles north of Upper Brynamman on A4069) at about 1020 - though please contact Paul if you are planning to go direct.
Contact: Paul H on 07794969965.

_______________________________

Evening Walk - Caswell and Pwll Du - Thurs 23rd June

Bob leads the second of this Programme's evening walks in this delightful area of South-East Gower.

Difficulty: Easy
Distance: 2-3 Miles
Meeting: 1930 at the carpark at Caswell
Contact: Bob on 07981963681.

________________________________

That's about it for another week. While I'm here; just another reminder to get your cheques in for Dartmoor - thanks!

You probably know by now but I am about to start a new job down Newport way. Before I go I'd like to just say that I will very much miss Swansea and my friends here - and particularly those in the Tawe Trekkers. I couldn't've wished to meet a nicer bunch of people during my 8 years here. I will definitely be back regularly for the walks and events, (plus I haven't found a house in Cardiff/Newport yet anyway so still have my Swansea flat to come back to on weekends for the time being). When I do move though, any offers of a place to stay around Swansea on the odd weekend will be greatly appreciated, ha ha! I won't be leaving in a literal sense as I will still be involved with the club and the walks, and hope to catch up with as many of you as I can on a regular basis. All things considered, I won't be able to have the same level of involvement in the running of the TTs anymore (which is just as well because I've probably hogged the limelight for long enough now, ha ha!). From now on I would encourage people to contact Emyr or Christian for general Club matters in the first instance, and I'm sure they'll be happy to help you.
Committee-wise, I will remain as Programme Coordinator until the next AGM. Emyr as Chair will carry the Club forward through 2011. I wholeheartedly wish him and the rest of the committee the very best of luck, I'm sure the TTs will do very well with them as they are a great bunch of people with the best interests of the Club at heart.

Cheers,

Doug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home